Skip to Main Content
Alma Collection Management Services Workflow
The following outlines (in general terms) how resources move through various departments in Alma.
Physical Workflow - Monographs
- Material is Ordered by Acquisitions [More detail to come]
- Material is Received by Acquisitions:
- From the "Receive" Screen in Alma:
- Make sure you are on the One Time tab
- This will list all resources that have been ordered and are waiting to be received
- Search for the title you want to receive
- Once you've found the appropriate title:
- Tick the checkbox to the left of the title listing
- If it needs to go to Metadata for Cataloguing - select "Keep in Department" at the top of the page and choose "Cataloguing" from the drop down list
- If it needs to go to Metadata for Rush Cataloguing - select "Keep in Department" at the top of the page and choose "Rush Cataloguing" from the drop down
- If the title is Shelf Ready and does NOT need to go to Cataloguing - select "Shelf Ready" instead of "Keep in Department" at the top of the page
- If the title is Shelf Ready but still needs to go to Metadata due to a Shelf Ready problem - select "Keep in Department" at the top of the page and choose "Shelf Ready Problems" from the drop down
- With the resource you are receiving still ticked and the correct value(s) chosen from the tick boxes / drop downs at the top of the page, click on Receive at the top of the page
- If the material is Shelf-Ready and bypasses the Metadata Unit - place on the shelf/truck for Access Services to pick up
- If the material is NOT shelf ready - place it on the shelf for Cataloguing, the Shelf-Ready Problem Shelf, or the Rush Cataloguing Shelf in Metadata
- At this point - the Item will have an appropriate Status in Alma (and Primo) - either In Transit if moving directly to Access Services or Technical Services if passing on to Metadata.
- NOTE: only records with Items can be assigned Work Order Statuses
- If you did not receive the item and select "Keep in Department" and want to change the status manually go to Fulfillment --> Scan In Items. Select "Cataloguing" (or other category) from the drop down and scan in the barcode
- Taking the item from the cataloguing shelf, Shelf-Ready problem shelf, or the Rush shelf, catalogue the material
- When finished cataloguing go to "Fulfillment -> Scan In Items"
- Next to Done select Yes
- Scan in the Item Barcode
- The Status in Alma and Primo will now say "In Transit"
- Place the item on the cart for Access Services pick up
- Pick up material from Acquisitions or Metadata
- If picking up the material from Metadata, stamp and tattle tape
- Before Shelving "Scan In Item" and next to Done select Yes
- Status in Alma and Primo will change from "In Transit" to "awaiting shelving" or similar. This will automatically change to "Item in Place" or similar message after a few hours