Skip to Main Content
Register with UVicSpace:
- Go to the UVicSpace Registration page at https://dspace.library.uvic.ca:8443/register.
- Enter your UVic email address and click Register.
- You will receive an email with a link to complete the registration. Click the link.
- Enter your information on the "Registration Information" screen: first name, last name, phone (optional), password, and confirm password. Then click "Complete Registration."
Your registration is then done. Note that you will not be able to submit your project to UVicSpace until you receive submitting privileges from the collection administrator for your academic department (usually the graduate secretary).
When your project is complete and all corrections have been made according to your departmental procedures, you should contact the departmental graduate secretary and request permission to submit your project to UVicSpace. The grad secretary will grant permission for you to submit and notify you.
Before you begin, prepare the following:
- Your project abstract as text you can copy and paste into the submission form.
- Your final, complete PDF file with approved layout and any other files (spreadsheets, images, etc.) available for uploading. See information on how to make a PDF.
- Be sure your file name is in the following convention: LastName_FirstName_Degree_CopyrightYear.pdf
Step 1: Begin the submission process
- Sign in to My Account on UVicSpace with your UVic email and password.
- From your My Account section on UVicSpace page, click Submissions. On the next screen click "start a submission"
Tip: You can stop and save your work for later at any time by clicking the "cancel/save" button at the bottom of the page. The data you have already entered will be stored until you return to the submission; you will be reminded on your "My Account - Submissions " page that you have a submission in process. If somehow you accidentally exit from the submission process, you can always resume from your "My Account - Submissions " page. You can also cancel a submission at any point.
- Select your Departmental projects collection as the collection and click Next.
- Describe your item. Tick the appropriate box for multiple titles or multiple files if this applies to your project. Otherwise leave blank. DO NOT check the box if your project or any part of it has been previously published before. If it has, you will enter this information elsewhere but not acknowledge it here.