How can UVic Libraries help?
Contact UVic Libraries for a literature search consultation. Please list your department in the request.
A search consultation might include one or more of the following:
- Refining the research topic to an answerable question
- Recommending information sources or databases for the search topic
- Identifying relevant search terms
- Creating and executing search strategies
- Suggesting reference management software and strategies
Prior to your consultation, we recommend that you:
- Have a clear and concise understanding of your research question
- Be prepared to discuss the scope of your project
- Brainstorm search terms associated with your topics (synonyms and variations on spelling)
- Note any relevant literature you have found so far
Are you interested in performing a systematic review?
These types of reviews are more complex than a general literature review. See our Systematic Review: A How-To Guide to learn more.