Skip to Main Content
Zotero (zoh-TARE-oh) is an open-source citation manager (Linux, Mac,& PC) and research tool that you install on your computer.
With Zotero, you can:
- Create, store and manage citations as well as research sources like PDFs, webpages, and personal notes
- Create (automatically) and format bibliographies, in-text citations, and footnotes directly in Word, OpenOffice, and Google Docs
- Collaborate with colleagues from around the world using the same citations and PDFs using "Group Collections"
- Add annotations and organize your sources using the Zotfile plugin
- Store all of your PDFs and research on your computer or in your personal cloud account (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.), or Zotero.org*
You can also download a browser extension so you can capture sources directly from online library databases & catalogs or any webpage.
Please see our detailed Guide to Installing Zotero for instructions on how to download Zotero and come to one of our workshops.