Before you go to the library, review the following resources: [It is important that these resources be reviewed so that you can complete the Library Lab Worksheet independently.]
1. How to Read a Library of Congress Call Number: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4djuA5ZfOWE
2. Library of Congress Call Numbers (American Museum of Natural History Research Library): http://www.amnh.org/our-research/research-library/library-catalog/library-of-congress-call-numbers
3. Library of Congress Classification Outline: http://www.loc.gov/catdir/cpso/lcco/
4. UVic Libraries Call Number Video: Locate Your Book, Reading Call Numbers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF0r9Is1lnI
5. McPherson Library floor maps: http://www.uvic.ca/library/use/floormaps/index.php
The Library Call Numbers for Biology are listed below. Check a Floor Map to locate the Biology Print Collections in the McPherson Library.
Select a Subject Heading to browse Biology books in the McPherson Library:
Clicking on this image will take you to the UVic Libraires website where you can search for print and online resources available via the UVic Libraries. When looking for books, it is best to search the Libraries Catalogue by selecting the Books & media tab, located just beside the Search everything tab. A Books & media search option is also located under the Search & find tab on the top menu bar. Search for books by the typing in the title (without leading articles), the author's name, or topic keywords. You can limit your search to ebooks, videos, etc. Two minute Library Help Videos explain how to find books, read call numbers and navigate the website.